Paul Alan Prendergast
Prendergast & Associates P.C. is an experienced law firm in the heart of Littleton Colorado, with substantial experience in all family law matters, such as Child Custody, Allocation of Parental Responsibilities, Parental Kidnapping, Parental Alienation, Violation of Custody Orders, Child Support, Child Support Enforcement and Collection, Parenting Time or Visitation Disputes, Dissolutions, Divorce, Annulments, Restraining Orders, and Contempt of Court. They also have significant experience in dividing marital estates, business valuations, pension and retirement plan division and determining and enforcing maintenance and child support awards.
The Attorneys at Prendergast & Associates P.C. also handle criminal matters from drunk driving or driving while ability is impaired (DUI/DWAI), all the way to First Degree Murder. Paul Prendergast has successfully represented individuals charged with Sexual Assault, Burglary, Drug Trafficking, Murder, Robbery, Employee Theft, as well as Assaults, Wiretapping and basic assaults and Domestic Violence cases.
Paul Prendergast grew up learning about the law from his father who practiced family and criminal law in the Denver Metropolitan Area, with an emphasis in Arapahoe County, Denver County, Douglas County and Jefferson County.
Representative clients come from all walks of life and have included deputy sheriffs, school teachers, court clerks and court personnel, pilots, presidents of local bar associations and their families, high profile sports figures, attorneys, farmers, ranchers, business owners, and court reporters. We have been providing service for over 25 years.
Paul Prendergast has been an instructor in Law at Arapahoe Community College, and has been a frequent lecturer and presenter to a number of legal organizations such as the Municipal Judges Conference, the Public Defenders Conference, Local Bar Associations, Chambers of Commerce, on matters related to DUI defense, Defending Domestic Violence Charges, Assessing and Collecting Child Support, and Handling the Complex case, and on the appointment and retention of judges.
Prendergast and Associates P.C. travels the state assisting clients in need of experienced and competent assistance. Please call now for an appointment.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Parenting Disputes
- Divorce and Dissolution
- Complex Asset Division and Business Evaluation
- DUI \ DWI \ DWAI
- Violent Crime
- Domestic Violence
- Sex Assault
- Armed Robbery
- Restraining Orders
- Protective Orders
- Clergy Sexual Misconduct
- Colorado, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1984
- University of
Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 1983
- Honors: With Honors
- Law Journal: University of Denver Law Journal, Associate Editor, 1982 - 1983
- University of
Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- B.S. - 1980
- Major: Finance
- Criminal Law, Family Law, Torts, Arapahoe Community College
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Douglas County Bar Association
- Colorado Family Law Section, Member
- Parker Chamber of Commerce
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers, 2007 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Donald P. Smith, Colorado Court of Appeals, Law Clerk, 1983 - 1984
Pro Bono Activities
- Chairman Colorado Sex Offender Management Board, 2007 - Present
- Past Chairman, Community Corrections Board for the 18th Judicial District
- Former Member Colorado Commission for Judicial Performance and Evaluation
- Past Chairman Metropolitan Lawyer Referral Service, January 1, 1998 - June 30, 2006
- Parker Family Law Center, Crossroads Center, Parker Colorado